Creamy chicken and spinach pasta.



Pretty simple dish tonight! I wanted to make something easy, tasty and filling to curb my midnight hunger pangs I keep getting. I've been trying to avoid carbs lately, so I'm limiting myself to one pasta dish a week. This was it. Enjoy!

Creamy chicken and spinach pasta.
Serves 4 | Syns per portion - 2 | Cals aprox. 500

Ingredients:

225g Pasta (dry weight)
2 Chicken breasts, thinly sliced
2 Lean smoked bacon medallions
2 Tbsps tomato puree
2 Crushed garlic cloves
1 Beef stock cube
1 Tbsp Light Pesto (or herb mix equivilant)
A huge bag of spinach
1 Onion, finely diced
Half a pack of mushrooms, sliced
3 Light cheese triangles
200mls boiling water

Step 1: Put the pasta on to boil. Heat a large wok or pan with some frylight and add the onion, mushrooms, bacon and brown. Once browned, add the chicken.
Step 2: Once the chicken is almost cooked, throw in the spinach and garlic. When the spinach is wilted, add the puree, pesto, oxo cube and mix until it forms a paste around the ingredients. Should smell pretty darn nice!
Step 3: Add the water and reduce for about 10 minutes. Finally, add the cheese triangles and mix it up until those are melted. 
Step 4: Drain the pasta and add to the sauce - voila! 

Serve with a little cheese and if you have any, sprinkle with some basil. This is really tasty and moreish and above all, healthy and totally filling. Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. I did a very similar pasta last week, but with mushrooms and no cheese triangules. That might be a nice change.
    It looks fab :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Let me know if you do try it, it'd be awesome to find out if my recipe writing skills actually work lol.

      Delete