Soy glazed butterfly chicken with satay sauce.


I am such a monster for peanut butter and Asian food. This is a pretty simple dish and I think it's pretty nice. The sauce is the show stopper, and you can use it in so many things. I love it with chicken in wraps (if I'm feeling generous with my syns!) or as a dipping sauce for cucumber and carrots. You could put it in a stir fry, egg fried rice, marinade chicken, serve with chicken or beef skewers at a party...! I digress, here's how I made it!

Soy glazed butterfly chicken with satay sauce.
Serves 1-2 | Syns in the entire dish: 4.5

For the chicken:

1 chicken breast, sliced almost in half to butterfly
A heavy splash of soy sauce
1 teaspoon Tumeric
1 teaspoon Schwartz Five Spice seasoning
Frylight

For the sauce:


1 tablespoon Peanut butter (4.5 syns)
1 tablespoon Soy sauce
3 tablespoons of water
A pinch of chilli powder and five spice to taste (optional)

Step 1:
Coat the chicken in the soy, turmeric and five spice. Set to one side.
Step 2: Heavily spray a small frying pan with frylight. Add the chicken to the pan and heat on full, brown until fully cooked and a little bit crispy on the outside. You might need to spray with more frylight!
Step 3: Combine all the ingredients for the satay sauce in a microwaveable cup. Put in the microwave for no longer than 60 seconds and leave to rest for another minute.

Serve with the side of your choice! I had mine with a lovely salad! Enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. Yum! Looks amazing - so trying this! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this, the sauce was so, so easy and was exactly the taste and texture I was hoping for. Will be making again very soon (and often, I expect!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow, wow. I've just started back SW myself and was looking for some inspiration. Your food looks phenomenal. Looking forward to more updates!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, wow, wow, your food looks amazing. I've just started back SW myself and was looking for some inspiration. Hope to see more updates soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazingly delicious meal, can't wait to try some of your others x x

    ReplyDelete