Lamb and mint mini sliders with minted soured cream.

Gourmet Burgers #1 - Lamb and mint sliders.
Makes 6-8 | Syns per burger: 1 | Syns per teaspoon of dressing: 1


've been doing some thinking and I've decided that I want to combine my love for burgers with my new found love for eating Slimming World. Each week, sometimes more, I'm going to have a go at making... dah da da dahhh... 'Gourmet Burgers'. Low syn, good lookin' burgers. But not just any burgers, nooo... deluxe super yum ones. I've got twelve burger recipes knocking around in my head and once I've completed them all, I'm going to put a 'Gourmet Burgers' section on here! So excited. So hungry... back to topic.


First burger on the list: Lamb and mint sliders with minted sour cream. Okay so, 'sliders' is a bit of an American term but these miniature burgers are awesome and it sounds a bit better. I was having a red day today and these are pretty filling, definitely enough for dinner on their own but if you want to round it up to a full meal they would go perfectly with some Slimming World fries or wedges and a hefty salad. I'd also recommend trying them out with wholemeal pita bread or cous cous, plenty of options available! 

Ingredients

326g Lean Diced Lamb
1 Lamb stock cube
1 White onion
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
3 Tablespoons Mint Jelly (6 Syns)

For the minted soured cream:
100ml Reduced Fat Soured Cream (1.5syn per 30ml serving)
A few teaspoons of Fresh Mint Sauce
Salt and pepper to taste

To serve:
 Mini wholegrain snack rolls (2 = HEXb)
Salad of your choice

Step 1: Blitz those ingredients. Using a food processor, chuck all the ingredients in and smush until fully combined. The mixture should be a bit sticky. Take the mixture and divide into 6-8 burger patties. If possible at this point, you want to leave those burgers for half an hour in the fridge to firm up, but I was impatient and hungry and they turned out just dandy.

Step 2: Using a hot frying pan with plenty of fry light, fry each burger for about 8 minutes, flipping regularly. They should release a sort of caramelising liquid. That stuff tastes good, baste them as much as possible. That stuff also comes from the sugar in the jelly, hence why I didn't use mint sauce. If you try them with mint sauce, please let me know how they turn out! 

Step 3: Mix the cream with the mint sauce. Now, you could use yogurt, saving you a few syns but if you're trying to impress other people or want something that does not in any way taste like diet food, reduced fat soured cream is the way to go. Garlic dip, mint dip, anything dip, it's the bees knees of the dipping world in my opinion. 

And there you go. Toast those rolls, serve on a platter and let people help themselves. I had 2 and counted the rolls as my healthy extras, making each burger about 2 syns. Totally worth it. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment